- The NanoDrop Lite performs basic microvolume measurements.
- Its compact design, with built-in controls and software, make the NanoDrop Lite small enought to fit on any benchtop.
- The patented sample retention system allows sample to be pipetted directly onto the optical measurement surface.
- After measurement the sample is wiped off the measurement surface with a lint free lab wipe.
- Measures nucleic acid concentration at 260nm and purity using the 260/280 ratio
- Measures purified protein concentration at 280nm
- Employs the unique NanoDrop microvolume sampling technology
- Delivers the accuracy and reproducibility expected from NanoDrop instruments
- Uses built-in controls and software–no computer required
- Optional accessory printer for cryogenic labels available
NanoDrop™ Lite Spectrophotometer
The Thermo Scientific™ NanoDrop Lite Spectrophotometer is a compact, personal UV-Vis microvolume. It uses the same sample retention system that has become a hallmark of NanoDrop instruments; the sample is held in place by surface tension only.
|Instrument Control||Local control|
|Minimum Sample Size||1 µL|
|Light Source(s)||Light emitting diodes|
|Excitation Maxima of LEDs||N/A|
|Detector Type||Silicon photodiode|
|Wavelength Range||260 and 280 nm|
|Spectral Resolution||< 8.0 nm|
|Typical Measurement Reproducibility||0.002|
|Absorbance Accuracy||3% (at 1.05 Abs at 260 nm)|
|Absorbance Range (10 mm equivalent)||0 – 30 Abs|
|Lower Limit of Detection||4 ng/µL (dsDNA)0.12 mg/mL (BSA)|
|Maximum Concentration||15 ng/µL (dsDNA)|
|45 mg/mL (BSA)|
|Measurement Time||< 5 seconds|
|Footprint||16 x 11.5 cm|
|Sample Pedestal||303 stainless steel and|
|Material of Construction||quartz fiber|
|Operating Voltage||6 V (DC)|
|Operating Power Consumption||18 W|
|Standby Power Consumption||< 2.5 W|
|Software Compatibility||Local control only|
|ND-NDL-PR-US-CAN||Microvolume Spectrophotometer with Printer|